1. Submit entry form
2. Your entry must include:
- Upload a video to Facebook no longer than 3 minutes
- Recipe including weights/measurements of all ingredients
3. You must use 3 fresh or frozen NZ Vegetables in your savoury dish
4. Post Video on Facebook, showing the ingredients, preparation, cooking and eating a savoury dish and 1 still image of plated dish
5. Include the hashtag #NSSCCathome on your Facebook post
6. Include the tag @nsscc2020 on your Facebook post
Mark Wylie: Chief Judge has provided feedback on the first weeks entries.
Read about it here.
The judges are looking for:
- The dish meets our competition criteria
- Creativity and innovation
- Presentation of plated dish
- Appropriate preparation and cooking methods in your video
- Recipe and Dish Description
Students may post an entry for each day of the competition. [Maximum 5 entries Monday – Friday]
FINAL WEEK TO COMPETE
Week 4 Competition begins:
Monday 27th April
Week 4 Competition ends:
Friday 1st May
Judging: Saturday 2nd May
Winner Announced: Sunday 3rd May
Entrants must be NZ Resident or NZ Citizen to qualify.
For more information and inspiration on New Zealand vegetables visit vegetables.co.nz and click on A-Z . Remember the meal must contain three fresh or frozen New Zealand vegetables. We would like to see 3 servings of vegetables. A serving is about ½ cup of cooked vegetables [e.g. broccoli, peas, corn, spinach, puha] 1/2 cup salad or a medium potato or kumara or tomato or carrot.
Winners and prizes
Two winners announced each week – 1 from each year group (Year 9-11 and year 12-13).
Each prize winner will receive a Supermarket voucher valued at $100.00 NZD.
No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
By entering and submitting this form you give consent to Culinary Arts Development Trust to use the photos, recipe and recipe descriptions entered into the NSSCC Online Competition on Social media platforms, distribution to competition sponsors and other marketing opportunities.